The aim of this website is to offer evidence-based nutrition, wellness and general health information to the visitors.
The information contained in this website and related Facebook page, blog and YouTube channel is for general information purposes only.
Nothing should be considered advice or diagnosis. The content is not a substitute for personal, professional medical care or diagnosis. You must consult your family doctor or primary care provider regarding any health condition or issue.
We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, services, or related graphics contained on the website including videos, blog and Facebook posts for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event we will be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
All information on this website including videos, blog posts, and related content is subject to copyright. It may not be reproduced without crediting this website.
Practice Disclaimer & Policy
Before you choose to use the services of Bio-Nutritional Therapy by Gregorio Torchia and his team, please read the following information FULLY AND CAREFULLY.
- Bio-Nutritional Therapy is a personalized nutritional healing system using diet or nutraceuticals as a complementary therapy.
- Bio-Nutritional Therapy mainly uses functional food, nutraceuticals, dietary plans and supplements to promote the body’s natural healing based on knowledge from food sciences, clinical nutrition and epidemiological studies.
- Bio-Nutritional Therapy is non-invasive treatment and it is not a replacement for conventional medicine.
- Bio-Nutritional Therapy is designed to improve your health and general well-being, but is not designed to treat any specific disease or medical condition.
Our basic goal is to encourage people to become knowledgeable and responsible for their own health, achieving a personal optimal level. Reaching the goal of optimum health, in the absence of other non-nutritional comorbidities, requires a sincere commitment from you, possible lifestyle changes and a positive attitude. We will help you to optimize your health and general well-being only through dietary recommendations.
As each individual is unique, it is not possible to predetermine how your body will react to both the supplements and diet plan. Therefore, we cannot guarantee any specific results from our programs. It is sometimes necessary to adjust your dietary plan as we proceed. It is your responsibility to ensure you follow your nutrition guidelines, exercise your body and mind sufficiently, eat a proper diet and get plenty of rest. You must stay in contact with the Bio-Nutritional Therapist so we can let you know what is happening and the best course of action.
Nothing should be considered advice or diagnosis. We are not licensed to provide medical diagnoses, and no comment or recommendation should be construed as being a medical diagnosis or medical treatment. Our comments or recommendations are not a substitute for personal, professional medical care or diagnosis. We are not a replacement for conventional medicine. You must consult your family doctor or primary care provider regarding any health condition or issue.
If you suffer from a medical or pathological condition, you need to consult with your family physician. If you are under the care of another healthcare provider, it is important that you contact your other healthcare providers and alert them to your use of nutritional supplements and your diet plan. Bio-Nutritional therapy may be a beneficial adjunct to more traditional care, and it may also alter your need for medication, so it is important you always keep your physician informed of changes in your nutritional program.
If you are using medications of any kind, you are required to alert the Bio-Nutritional Therapist, as well as to discuss any potential interactions between medications and nutritional products with your pharmacist.
If you have any physical or emotional reaction to some food indicated into your diet plan, discontinue their use immediately, and contact your Bio-Nutritional Therapist to ascertain if the reaction is adverse or an indication of the natural course of the body’s adjustment to the therapy.
BIO-NUTRITIONAL THERAPY MAY NOT BE COVERED BY INSURANCE AND ALL COSTS ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CLIENT.
Nutripanda: Nutrition Consultancy – directed by Gregorio Torchia, 25 Palmerston Place, EH12 5AP, email@example.com 0131-467-2024
Reasons for processing Client Data. The information we hold and what we do with it.
Myself, Gregorio Torchia and all members of my team need to gather information in order to provide professional, safe and suitable dietary plans for you. We will need to gather potentially sensitive information regarding your age, health, family history, medical history, eating and lifestyle habits, as well as whoever is sharing your diet plans. This will give us the necessary tools to optimize our professional services, providing nutritional advice and recommendations concerning your health and wellbeing. We will also gather your contact details including name, date of birth, address, postcode, email and telephone numbers. When necessary, I or a member of my team will contact you to assess and receive updates on your progress with the diet plan. Nutripanda will collect contact details and basic information via our website, digital media and telephones enabling us to make bookings, send appointment reminders, announce any marketing events and talks. Your email address will be carefully saved on our database and enrolled in our monthly newsletter sent periodically containing our latest news, blog articles, events and marketing information. Dietary plans, updates, check-up reports, invoices, test results and other information related to your case will also be emailed.
We will NOT share your information with any third parties, other than within my own practice and the members of my team, or as required for legal process, without explaining why it is necessary and obtaining your explicit consent. If you would like us to share your information with third parties, we MUST have a signed release form as permission to disclose confidential information.
It is YOUR choice and responsibility to share information in front of third parties, friends or family members, with me and members of my team during consultations.
There will be no transference of your data outside the EU without your consent.
The lawful requirement behind us needing this information:
We are required by law to gather, retain and process your personal data in order to provide you with the best possible nutritional programme and support. You have the right to withhold your personal data, however I, Gregorio Torchia, and all members of my team will be unable to support you.
How long we retain your information for.
For adults, we MUST keep your information for seven years after your last consultation and, if aged 16 or under, until the age of 25.
Protecting your Personal Data:
We have secure measures in place to ensure the protection and security of your personal data. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have implemented managerial, technical and physical procedures to keep your information safeguarded and secure.
How we will contact you:
We will contact you using your preferred choices for: Appointment times, consultation information, health related information, newsletters, special offers and event information (You have the right to unsubscribe at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Marketing and how to contact you:
Please state your preferred choices for the following: If you would like us to keep you informed of events and business information, please give us your consent below:
I/We would like to receive information from Gregorio Torchia and the Nutripanda team via:
Email Text Phone (please tick as appropriate)
YOUR RIGHTS WITH GDPR:
- Right of subject access: To see your therapist’s records of your personal data and request copies if required. (Given in an envelope marked ‘Private and Confidential’)
- Right to rectification: To instruct your therapist to alter your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete
- Right to erasure: You can ask your therapist to erase any information they hold about you
- The right to restrict processing of personal data: You can request limits on how your therapist uses your personal data
- Right to data portability: there are some circumstances when you can request a copy of personal data held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems
- The right to object: You can tell your therapist that you do not want them to use certain parts of your information or only to use it for certain purposes
- Related rights to automated decision-making and profiling (decisions made without human intervention can be redressed. This does not apply to my work).
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you have any queries regarding your rights, then please contact us in writing email@example.com or 25 Palmerston Place EH12 5AP, Edinburgh.
- If you do not agree to your therapist(s) keeping records of your personal information and your nutritional programme, or if you do not allow them to use the information in a way that is necessary for them to carry out their work for you, then they may not be able to help you.
- Your therapists can move their records between their computers and IT systems provided that your details are safeguarded from being seen by others without your permission
- Your therapist(s) has to keep your nutritional records for the time stated above. Therefore, if you ask them to erase any details, they may not be able to do so until the required time has passed.